Lanikai Alpha 1, available now for download, is built on top of the Gecko 1.9.2 platform. While this milestone is considered to be stable, it is intended for developers and members of our testing community to use for evaluation and feedback. Users of this latest alpha version of Thunderbird should not expect all of their add-ons to work properly with this milestone.
The main goals of this release is to find out about possible problems caused by the changes in the underlying platform. Notable changes include:
- Several improvements to IMAP.
- Several fixes for Smart Folders, message filters, and attachment handling.
- Several design improvements and corrections to the interface.
- Download Manager is now accessible as a menu item (Tools > Saved Files).
- Stability and memory improvements.
For a more detailed list of bug fixes, see the the full bug list.
Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we strongly encourage you to link to this Lanikai Alpha 1 announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in testing at this stage of development.