What's in this version?
New since 1.0 alpha 3:
- Improved interactions with the software keyboard
- Fixed painting artifacts from panning
- Faster .exe installer option
- More responsive "fuzzy" zoom
- Option to become default browser
- Opening downloads from download manager fixed
- Improved panning/scrolling performance
- Improved start-up time
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved painting performance
- Improved UI polish
- Improved kinetic panning with directional locking
- Ability to scroll frames
- Improved zooming support
Recommended: Windows Mobile device running Windows Mobile Professional 6.0 of greater. 256Mb of RAM or greater, ARMv6 800MHz, 32Mb of free storage
Minimum: ARMv5, 128Mb RAM
While our goal is to run on a number of devices, our development and testing efforts have primarily focused on the HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia II, and the Acer neoTouch devices.
If you don't have a Windows Mobile device, you can install the mobile version of Fennec on your desktop in order to test, provide feedback and build add-ons. The desktop versions are intended for development purposes only.
* note: Since this alpha release of Fennec is unsigned, you will be prompted by the OS before loading each .dll and .exe in Fennec (20 separate prompts during installation and first run). We only recommend using the .exe installer on a device with the security turned off. If your device has security turned off, download the exe installer here
Signing is targeted for Windows Mobile beta release
"Extract Error" that happens during installation bug 535370
- Performance and stability can be degraded by an old profile bug 544917
Crash or freeze on HTC HD2 either on start up or early in run.
- URL bar is slow to open
- Rotating the display may cause painting or zooming errors