This release is available for the Windows Mobile 6 software platform. If you're viewing this on an Windows Mobile device, install Fennec.
Don't have a Windows Mobile device? Don't worry, you can still experiment with Fennec, provide feedback, write add-ons, and get involved by installing a version of Fennec for your desktop PC:
While the destkop versions of Fennec are not supported products, they are a great way to familiarize yourself with the Fennec UI, provide feedback, build add-ons, or even localize it to your native language.
What's in this version?
New for Alpa 2:
- Improved panning performance
- Newly designed theme
- Improved add-on support
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved UI polish
This builds upon the feature set of the previous releases:
Easy navigation to Web content:
- Bookmarks, including tags
- Smart URL bar ("awesome bar")
- Tabbed browsing with thumbnail images
- Integrated Web search - built into the URL bar
- Easy access to multiple search engines
- Maximize content by auto-hiding controls and URL bar
- Zoom in and out
- Instant Web site ID ("Larry")
- Password manager
- Popup blocker
- Clear private data
Devices services integration:
- Click on a phone number to initiate a call
- Searchable download manager
- Preferences pane
- Add-ons manager, including ability to directly find and install add-ons
- Windows Mobile device running Windows Mobile Professional 6.0 of greater.
- If you're viewing this on an Windows Mobile Device, click here to install Fennec
- Read here for step by step instructions
Install a version of Fennec for your desktop PC:
Tips and tricks
- swipe left to expose back/forward/bookmark buttons and the URL bar; swipe right to dismiss them
- swipe right to expose tabs; swipe left to dismiss them
- Plugins may not work in some of the desktop builds.
- Bug 458741: Allow panning/scrolling in iframes - Websites that display large amounts of content in IFrames, including Google Mail and Reader, will be very hard, if not impossible, to use.